7 Period Hacks That Every Woman Needs To Know2 minute
It’s true that no one enjoys it when their period hits. It is like an email that keeps hitting your spam folder even if you do not want it. It keeps coming down until the sender decides to stop it. The sender being menopause. A woman bleeds for almost 2500 days in her whole lifetime! And sometimes it sucks to keep encountering it every month. You might already know a thing or two about periods and how to tackle it, but here I have put down 7 period hacks to make your period slightly more tolerable:
- Wear period friendly panties- Don't you just hate throwing your expensive blood-stained panties in the trash every month? You can look up some period friendly panties online. They are blood resistant and comfortable.
- Workout a bit- working out during period does help you a lot. It eases the period’s pain and also helps you with PMS. Go out for a walk or you can try some helpful yoga asanas.
- Get a heating pad- Not only does this make you feel warm, but it reduces the pain by stimulating the blood flow. You can check out the different types of user-friendly heating pads online. Fun Fact: A laptop also works like a heating pad in your lap. (but be careful while using it)
- Keep stock of water, dark chocolate and ginger- drinking a lot of water helps a lot because dehydration is one of the reasons for stomach cramps. When you are on periods, you get all sorts of cravings. But having some dark chocolate increases your serotonin level, which controls your food cravings. Ginger too, soothes your stomach and helps with inflammation.
- Have multiple orgasms- you must think that period sex is messy but believe me, it is not. I want to let the men know that it is nothing like you haven't experienced. It releases all kinds of hormones like endorphins and oxytocin which act as natural pain killers. And if you are single or your partner finds it messy then just ditch sex and masturbate. You WILL feel great!
- Avoid tight jeans- Your tummy is already bloated so don’t punish it more with tight jeans. Let it breathe during this time. Try some loose and comfy dresses. Believe me, you look wonderful in anything you wear!
- Track your cycle- download a period tracking app so that you have an idea of your upcoming period at all times. This way you will not freak out about when your last period was. It will also keep reminding you to change pads.
Keep these simple hacks in mind and you will have an easy and fun period. You don't have to keep yourself in bed all the time, if you don't want to. Go out, workout, have sex - period days are fun days!
If you want to share any more period hacks, feel free to comment below.