Trekking For Beginners - All You Need To Know6 minute
Trekking is the new craze among millennials. If you have ever been on a walk in the morning, you see how refreshing it is for the rest of the day. Now imagine you are walking in the exotic Himalayan mountain or mystic rain forests of Kerala, or the sensual beauty of the seven sisters in the northeast. Now you can feel how much energy boost you will get and an excellent chance to connect with nature as well as you.
So trekking is basically to go on an adventurous journey typically on foot. Sounds interesting, doesn’t it? Sometimes it is essential to get away from our hectic life, to discover a new dimension of nature. It works like magic for most of us, and it recharges and prepares you to come back to your busy lifestyle again and fight it with a whole new level of energy.
So, if you have you been planning to go on an adventure to hike to trek, Then you have come to the right place, and I am here to guide you through it and prepare you mentally for this incredible journey which you will encounter.
But first, let’s discuss the basics of trekking. You should at least know what you are getting into. So that you can choose what to try for a beginner, let me tell you what are the types of trekking so you can evaluate how much preparation you will need.
Types of trekking
Trekking is a very generic word for the type of trekking. There are three types of a trek, i.e. easy, moderate and hard one.
Easy trek- Generally an easy trek involves about a couple of days and with easy terrain. It mostly includes a stretch of 5 to 6 kilometers a day. A good example will be Ooty Katagiri, which can stretch over a weekend.
Moderate Trek- This type of trek needs a certain level of stamina as it includes some days walking in more tough terrain. You might get steep ascend as well as descend. It brings more challenges for the trekker. An excellent example for such trek is the Hampta Pass trek in the Pir Panjal range.
Hard Trek- Such treks mostly stretch for a week, and it is the most difficult one as this type of trek requires physical stamina as well as mental stamina. It involves deep valleys and high altitude (15000 feet and above). The trek to Everest Base Camp which reaches up to a height of more than 17, 500 feet is one such trek.
Preparing yourself for trekking
There most important thing which you need to prepare before going on a trek is building stamina. To prepare yourself for trekking, start walking one month before going on a trek. It will strengthen your leg muscles so you will not get cramps often. If you are a smoker, then it is time to quit smoking right away as it will be a huge help. Because when you go on a high altitude, then your lungs need to be at its prime to inhale proper oxygen. Because if you do not do so, then you will suffer from loss of breath and it will be difficult to keep up with the group, and you will become a burden on the group. I am telling this to you from my own experience, so time to say bye-bye to smoking.
These are a few things you can include in your daily life to prepare yourself.
- Walk 4 to 5 kilometers a day. And some cardio as well.
- If you go to the gym, then include some shoulder and back exercises to make them strong as you will be carrying a backpack.
- You can try skipping to train your leg as it helped me personally.
- Try breathing exercise- inhale and exhale. Minimum 10 minutes a day, it will prepare your lungs.
Things to carry while going on a trek
This is a tricky part because most people get confused about what should they carry on a trek because it is not like a typical vacation which you plan. Because you might have to carry some of the things while you are trekking(depending on your trek). So don’t worry, I am here to help you with the list of things you should carry with you.
- Good rucksack with back support.
- Tent and sleeping bags (depending on the temperature range of the place).
- Layered clothes as in the mountains temperature flux are unpredictable. So pack light as well as a heavy jacket and a raincoat. Because in mountains rainfall is a usual occurrence.
- Shoes- Invest in good trekking shoes because it will protect your foot in the harsh terrain. You wouldn’t want to have cuts or rashes on foot as it will be difficult for you to walk.
- Full track pants to protect from unnecessary scratches and insect bites.
- Water bottles- 2 liters bottle will be fine as you will need to keep hydrating yourself.
- Flashlight with extra pair of batteries.
- Camera or cell phone to capture your beautiful moments.
- You can carry a Swiss knife as it will be helpful in tricky situations.
- Sun-glass and sunscreen and a hat.
- Sanitizer, tissue paper and wet wipes ( or you will have to use tree leaves which I will strongly advise not to use from my personal experience.)especially because you need to save drinking water because you will not get a toilet up there.
- Medicines- if you have any essential medication, carry it with you. You can also keep paracetamol and cetirizine for cold or flu.
- First aid kit- If you are with a group, then they will have a first aid kit, or you can also carry some bandage and cotton. Also, bring moov or volini spray in case you will hurt yourself accidentally.
- Food- chocolate and energy bars you can carry for quick energy. You can also carry dry fruits, glucon-d and biscuits.
Some basic hacks to keep in mind
While you are on the trail, these hacks can help you manage yourself well as it has helped me so far-
- Always pack light- Always pack light as you will be carrying these things with you so organise yourself well and take only essential things. Just pack a couple of pairs of clothes and quick to dry clothes will be better.
- Distribute the loads among your fellow trekkers.
- Carry a length of sturdy rope and swiss knife as it will help you in a tricky situation.
- Carry a stick as it will help you walking and will keep you balanced.
- Always drink water in small quantities always try to keep your mouth wet. Or you might start developing shortness of breath and chest pain.
- You can also pack some packed games or a football or volleyball to enjoy your camping site.
- Do not litter- always carry plastic or carry bag with you and keep your garbage in it because the ecosystem up there is very delicate, and it is our responsibility to keep it clean. Because we will be responsible if the next generation will not be able to see the beauty we are experiencing.
- And some extra cash as it will help you in need.
- Always ask questions to your local guide feel. Proceed ahead only if you are satisfied and clear. It will help you understand the demography and culture in that area. Always keep an open mind, never judge.
- Always avoid any clashes with the locals as you will have a disadvantage in their area. My experience says people are friendly but keep in mind if something happens.
So keep these things in mind, and I believe that you will come back with a rich and loads of lifetime of memories. As a beginner, choose an easy trek to start. Ask many questions to your guide. My last advice will that do not think of it as a race grasp the nature and enjoy it. Sometimes just sit and stare at those valleys. Take it slow and steady, and nature will embrace you with open arms and will take you in a trance. Happy trekking.
Online Businesses You Can Start Quickly And Earn Well!5 minute
The article guides you through some online businesses you can start TODAY from the comfort of your home.
Staying at home has caused many of us to explore the inner Creative Gurus in ourselves. Personally, I find myself doing things I otherwise couldn’t imagine indulging such as baking a cake, trying out a FAD diet just for the fun of it, counting my steps (Not to brag, but I’m way past the 10K a day mark, *cue applause*), taking new courses on recycling, brush lettering and novel writing and my favourite: trying a new steak sauce recipe. Can you imagine the kind of proactiveness it takes to want to try out a new steak sauce recipe? (For the record, balsamic barbeque For. The. Win.)
It’s not uncommon to look at your social media feed and feel discouraged about not doing enough. Change can be mighty frightening for some people and takes them a whole lot of courage to ride the wave of change. You might look at monetizing some of your various talents but shy away because “a million people already seem to be doing the same”. Layoffs and paycheck cuts can increase this pressure of wanting or worse: needing to make some quick money to make ends meet.
Take a deep breath in before you read this article and remind yourself that you’re not alone in this.
While it may first seem overwhelming to start an online business out of the blue, especially when your career so far has been more non-virtual and hands-on and you seem to have very little knowledge on the subject, it’s important to note that rapidity is what sets these businesses apart. Most online businesses are almost worth the risk, simply because the investment that goes into building one is almost nothing as opposed to the massive amount of learning that comes with it. (even without a clear success at first attempt). Glo has taken this subject as one that’s close to our heart, and more so now, to guide you through some online businesses you can start TODAY from the comfort of your home and the mini-steps you can take for each of them that will lead you to success: gradually, but surely.
11 Online Businesses you can start quickly and earn well:
Practice Affiliate Marketing
You’ve probably already heard of the term affiliate marketing before and associate it with a complex growth marketing tactic. But it’s a rather simple concept to grasp if you learn about it. Affiliate marketing is essentially the process of earning a commission by means of promoting someone else’s (or another company’s) product. For instance, if you own a website of your own, and promote products of another brand by providing links to their catalogue, and a sale is made through this link, then you’re entitled to earn a commission for the same.
But how do you get started with affiliate marketing?
- Amazon: If you’re new to the world of affiliate marketing, you can be lost. A lot of affiliate marketers find success with amazon. Not only are there a million products to choose from, but amazon also kind of makes it simpler for a beginner with its Amazon Associates Program.
- Informative Products: Promoting video series, ebooks, membership sites, new releases, etc can earn you over 50% or more in commission and even has lesser barriers to entry. These products are also easy to find and promote if you know where to find them.
In fact, a lot of great marketers, including Neil Patel, have spoken of how to find a niche for affiliate marketing and earn profits quickly - so learning how to get started should be the least of your worries. Although, in addition to affiliate marketing, it might also be really helpful to know (at least the basics) of SEO and copywriting. Some great books on the subject are SEO for beginners 2020 and The art of SEO: Mastering Search Engine optimization.
You’re wondering if the last bit was affiliate marketing, aren’t you?
Set Up An eCommerce Site
Before you start scrolling down assuming that “building a site” is only for the techies - hear me out. If you have an idea and possess basic knowledge of how an online store works, there aren’t a lot of barriers to overcome before setting up your very own e-commerce store. Sustainable products, local products, handcrafted goods, sanitization products - these are some markets that people are currently exploring vastly - and if you have the means to bring these products online, then the technology of it shouldn’t stop you from doing so. In fact, there are several websites ( such as Airtable and Bubble ) you can use today with possessing no knowledge of coding whatsoever. Shopify is built for e-commerce and you can use it to build your very own virtual shop with low investment, no coding skills and a free 30-day trial to experiment with too!
Things to remember before setting up an E-commerce site:
- Study about the internet market experience. What are customers drawn to, what is it that they seem to interact well with, resonate with
- Find a market that’s profitable. Do some keyword research and try and find an untargeted niche. There might be a hundred online stores selling furniture, but you could pick dressers (for example) as your niche and ace that space.
- Do a profit analysis. If you're selling a product whose manufacturing & distribution costs are almost as much as your selling price, there’s no point dealing with such minimal margins and putting in all that effort for nothing.
- Assess if the product you aim to sell is part of a growing market. Something that's already reached its peak in the market is not very easy to scale and sustain (like VCRs for example). You need a product with solid growth potential.
Start That Blog You’ve Always Wanted To! - And Monetize It
Starting a blog is not just a fantastic way to voice out your thoughts and opinions on different subjects, it can also earn you quite a bit of money if you’re consistent and adept with all the available tools you can utilize to grow your audience. It’s easier than ever to start a blog in 2020 and make it a potential source of income. But you’ve to be willing, patient and consistent to reap profits from your writing. You also need to generate valuable content that is engaging and educating to capture the interest of your audience.
Eventually, you can aim at monetizing your blog by selling relevant digital products or ads, sponsored posts, ebooks, etc once you have a good number of readers who come on to your page.
Become a Facebook Ad Expert
Many companies struggle with running successful ad campaigns. Read that again. Facebook and Instagram give you a seamless journey as a user who’s trying to display ads for their brands - it almost feels like following these steps are enough. But there are few businesses who run successful ads and this is only after some serious studying of the Facebook ad metrics. If it were so easy to run ads that worked, do you think people would be selling their “How to create successful ads” courses for thousands of rupees? The answer is, of course, no.
A lot of companies are in need of Facebook advertising experts and if this interests you, you can take the time to learn the ins and outs of Facebook, how to get the most return on an ad investment and reach out to businesses to assist them with your expertise on the subject.
Become a Skype (or Zoom) Coach
If you truly consider yourself to be an expert on a subject matter - be it yoga, knitting, nutrition, meditation, business & strategy consultation - or anything else that people might be interested to learn too - you can start by building a client base and coaching these clients online either daily, weekly or monthly.
There are coaches available for everything today - dating, health, life and even things like palmistry, astrology and tarot card reading. These are areas people seem to be getting interested in of late and could use some guidance from an expert.
Furthermore, you can always aim to increase your client base by appearing credible - enlist yourself on curated websites, set up your own website and but up blog articles to educate people and market yourself well, get certified if you must - all this makes people feel like you know your stuff and sign-ups become a cakewalk once you appear credible.
Dropshipping essentially means creating an online store but to sell other people’s products. One of the main reasons people opt for dropshipping is because they don’t have to do any of the manufacturing or shipping and still get a commission on every sale made. The main benefit is that you’re not at risk of stocking up on a product and losing money if it doesn’t sell. The barrier to entry is low and so is the investment. It is, of course, easier for an already established e-commerce brand such as amazon (who also sells their own products) to practice dropshipping, and the competition is massive - but the key is to figure out a product niche that has an audience but not many competitors selling within this niche.
There are apps like Shopify and Oberlo that also help connect you with suppliers to import products to your store.
Ways to make dropshipping a successful business:
- Gather the same products from different suppliers, to create a store that serves variety within a specific niche.
- Offer a superior value proposition through quality content and top-notch customer service that creates value way beyond selling products
- Target an untapped region on the world map (but be sure to pay attention to shipping costs).
- Target different set of audiences with the same product (for example, target music festival stalls with led gear)
While Creative writing may require a whole other process and headspace, there’s something about technical writing that people seem to have a grasp on even without any prior experience. Do you see the instruction manuals on a new remote control car? Or safety compliances of the various products displayed online? - That's essentially the job of a technical writer.
Even writing resumes, cover letters and press releases are options you could explore, besides technical writing. People are always on the lookout for jobs - and they’re always looking to prettify their resumes and cover letters. If you think you could be good at this stuff - you can always give it a shot and find interesting work online. (Freelancer and Upwork are popular sites)
Start a Print-on-Demand Service
If you’re good at designing, or even have a fairly good hand with design software - this is something you can explore. Again, you would have to cater to a specific niche - like doctors or gamers or cat lovers, for example, and create customized digitals to get them printed on various merchandise including mugs, t-shirts, posters and stickers. A lot of people are making tangible products out of their beautiful yet quirky designs today and in the process - turning their Instagram accounts into virtual gift shops!
What's more, is that if you have a printer at home, all you need to do is buy heat transfer sheets and you can start printing at home using just an iron box!
Convert Your Service Into a Product
One of the obvious downsides to running a service-based business is that you only get paid strictly for your time and skills. It’s not flexible. If you “Productize” your service i.e, you create a physical/digital product that sells your expertise as a package, you can add additional revenue streams to your business as well.
Examples of “productising” a service include:
- Downloadable reports
- Digital templates
Most of these ideas involve digital media that has been packaged as a product, which means there’s no inventory to keep around. If you’re running your home business on Shopify, you can also sell digital products effortlessly using the Digital Downloads or SendOwl app.
SEO and PPC Consulting
If building your website from scratch isn’t for you - you can always guide others’ websites to rank high on google search results. When a website ranks higher, it gets more and more relevant traffic and in turn, naturally makes more revenue.
This is a highly valued skill in the world of internet marketing - but not an easy one since google is always changing algorithms. You have to be committed to being on the leading edge, learning as well as testing new strategies. If you manage to master SEO, companies tend to pay quite a lot for it.
Similar to SEO (but not quite), Pay per click advertising helps rank your ad at the top of google search as “sponsored”. It’s a type of internet marketing where advertisers pay a fee every time their ad gets clicked. Unlike SEO, PPC is buying visits to your site (which is a short-cut, but equally effective nonetheless)
If you master these basic digital marketing techniques, you’d be of high value for any business trying to scale online.
Start Your Own Clothing Line
Have you ever thought of owning your own clothing line but were not quite sure about how to take off with just designs on your hand? We’ve got good news. Oberlo, Printify, Printful, or similar product sourcing apps automatically link your Shopify store to apparel printers and manufacturers. They also take care of the retail fulfilment process giving a whole lot of freedom to design and ship a range of clothing pieces.
So all you really need to kickstart your very own clothing line is the skill to design creative/trendy clothing and a Shopify store to sell the same. Amazing, isn’t it?
It is indeed a satisfying process to create products that people will use every day. Plus, as soon as your Shopify store is built, you’ll be able to start selling your clothes almost instantly. Besides, the feeling of seeing one’s own designs come to life by transforming all the creativity into something real and profitable is truly unmatched.
Ladies First3 minute
Everyone when asked, "What is that you want to be?" this simple question has many different complex answers which are answered by various people in diverse ways but id a girl who has been caged since she had survived would simply reply to this question saying that she doesn't want to a writer or a doctor or a pilot or an engineer but instead all she wants to be is to be heard!
We are a little behind in our lives when it comes to celebrating who we are and what we have decided to be in our life. But truth be told we all want to break the silence and the buried voices to be heard not once but every single time.
There are no rules in life until we make some for ourselves in our own vicinity but there we need an allowance to express our emotions and make others understand what is bothering us. We have always been wanting to be heard by letting our opinions reach the right set of people for tomorrow's betterment. We need equal power and not a priority in the eyes of law. But it all starts from within.
Society needs to accept us the way we are and if they don't then it's their problem and not ours nor should it be worrying us.
'Ladies First' this is something we have always heard or said but does it really mean by them to act on it? Or we so-called ladies are just hanged up by few innocent efficient words?
No girl or woman or lady is given her birthright so how did this term, 'Ladies First' get its existence in the small lady world?
Been in this big world all the females made their own little world but this world never was made to let enter males into it, no matter what.
But no world can be imagined by us without the men as they are the rulers whereas women are the bleeding hearts!
The world did enough wisecracks for the wisest gender in fact the same gender can make anyone swept off their feet! And it doesn't get better than this. It's easy to get our thoughts boxed in our brains ourselves but when the society does start boxing our emotions then there is a problem that has no solution till the very end.
Every amazing quote on Google says, 'behind every successful man there is a woman.'
But where is she?
Why always behind a man?
Who has seen her?
Who is she?
Does she exist?
Or she was killed a long back before she tried to enter this world?
And it's totally understandable, we have been hiding these answers pretty well all this time. Because no men are worth the drama.
Though this lady stands behind in the whole success rope of a man, she is always cheered up very first then the men! That's why we say, 'Ladies and Gentleman!
She is always remembered first and will always be because she is the one who brought us in this world and life on this earth is because of a female who can never be tanned. No man wants a girl child but every man wants a wife which fact never goes hand in hand.
If this continues a day will come when there will be fewer women and more men on the earth to which we all know the conclusion. But it doesn't end there, nowadays couples are opting for a single girl which is specified to be a 'Boy' which is obvious but then this doesn't get better right?
If a girl is born and the family accepts her the way she is, educates her to best, she'll be a better woman, a woman who is a good wife, daughter in law, mother, and a good example is the name of the female gender!
And for this, all she needs is to be HEARD!
To be heard we need a helping hear and not a helping hand and let's be the change we want to bring.
By Ruby Rajesh Yadav